Tuesday 20 October 2015

What Story Can These Feet Tell?

As I walked through the streets of Athens today I saw a pair of feet that spoke volumes to me. I reflected on my rather comfortable existence in Kent being able to wash on a daily basis, having food and shelter and more...
What about him? How far did he walk? When was the last time that he was able to have a shower? Why? Isn't he one of God's little creatures? Why some of us have it so good and some suffer like this?

Then I walked through Victoria square which is a stone's throw from where The Salvation Army is based. The buses had come and picked over a 1,000 refugees but some were still lingering around? Have they reached safety? How much more would they have to travel? Is someone going to help them on the way?
Major Maria (Polis' wife) went together with other ladies today at lunch time and gave the children a small rucksack that they could take with them with some small necessities such as water, toys and some food. The words of Jesus, from the Gospel, comes to me: "Whatever you did for one of the least of these my brothers or sisters you did it to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment